Most of our students apply for college by or before November 15th. However, college counseling continues for the duration of the year to assist students in submitting supporting documentation (test scores, graded assignments, etc) and choosing the school to commit to by or before May 1st. Their counselor will also assist with financial aid documentation and the request for additional funds from their colleges or universities. Counseling for our seniors continues until final transcripts are sent to the selected university after graduation in June.
- Students complete the Graduate Seminar “College Freshman 101” course
- Students work with their counselors to register for the final SAT/ACT/exams
- Students will attend a fall college fair
- Students attend representative visits throughout the year on campus
- Students finalize their activity/achievement/service resumes
- Students complete their college applications alongside their counselor
- Students continue to meet with their counselor for financial aid documentation, requests for additional funds from a college, assistance with choosing a college, making the commitment, and planning for their new journey in college